|To accomodate a class system that runs along lines of specialization, while retaining the school system of MM6/7/8, generic spells are included that replace some of the basic spells of all the elemental and self magics. This also reduces the total number of spells, and improves the value of the Identify Monster skill.|
All spellcasters in MMT start by learning the Spellcasting skill. Later, characters can specialize in all the usual magic types, based on their chosen class.
Every magic user can become an Expert Spellcasting, and it is required if they want to learn any new spells.
Generic spells grow stronger with the character's specialized magic skills and skill levels.
|Expers, Masters and Grandmasters at Spellcasting are able to cast spells with more ease and effect.|
|This is how the generic spells (Spellcasting skill) develop:|
- Mana Bolt takes the shape of a Fire Bolt, Ice Bolt, Spirit Arrow etc. once the appropriate magic skill is acquired. If more than one magic school is learned, it takes the best available. Knowledge of Identify Monster is of influence here.
- Mana Spray adds sprays, spikes and sparks to the mix when the character becomes an Expert at the magic schools, ie this spell is more powerful for the all-round magic caster (but will be more expensive to cast).
- Magic Shield sets up additional resistances for each magic learned (it will become more expensive to cast).
- Illuminate includes Torch Light and Wizard Eye, and grows stronger in the appropriate elemental realm (eg Earth Magic determines its strength in underground dungeons).
- Cure initially only treats Sleep, Drunkenness, Fear and Weakness. It will cure more conditions when magic knowledge is expanded (Curse: Expert Spirit, Stone: Master Spirit, Paralysis: Expert Mind, Insanity: Master Mind, Poison: Expert Body, Disease: Master Body).
||Day of the Gods
||Day of Protection
Hour of Power